Monday, August 2, 2010

Film Review | Dinner for Schmucks



Have you ever wanted a real "laugh out loud" comedy? Like when you watch a funny show at home and laugh so hard that you end up shaking? Then you'll definitely feel at home when you watch Dinner for Schmucks. I've been all over kid movies this summer, but I'm getting a bit more grown with my choices as fall approaches. If you are in the mood for a truly enjoyable film this summer, I recommend that you head to your local movie theater and pick up a ticket for Dinner with Schmucks. Hit the jump for the full review.

Grade: A-


Usually, I think I get very into my reviews without having a true "formula". To make certain you truly feel this is a review and not a rant (like The Last Airbender became), expect me to write about plot, cast/chemistry, and visuals/music at the very least.

So, Dinner for Schmucks has a simple plot that becomes very complex as the film really swings into action. The dialogue is not predictable which makes the film feel much more sophisticated. The humor varies so while you might not find everything funny, you can rest assured that your type of humor will be present in the film.

The cast was excellent. Paul Rudd and Steve Carell—especially Steve Carell–really brought their characters to life. The two of them had very great chemistry and their jokes never felt forced, which is really great for Carell because he brought joke after joke to the table.

Visually, the film had lots of nice shots and excellent choices for the setting. The soundtrack wasn't bad. I can't say that the music stayed with me like it does in other films, but it was decent enough for the movie.

Again, if you have been waiting for a good comedy this summer, Dinner for Schmucks is just what you need. I'd definitely recommend spending the cash for this funny film. If you've seen it, please sound off in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Def going to see it now. Thanks for the review!

    xx,
    Delilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Delilah.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.