Monday, March 29, 2010

Film Spotlight | Fantastic Mr. Fox



Have you ever noticed that some films become part of your everyday life? You pull out a quote from it while you are in conversation with friends. You think back to a scene from it when something similar happens in real life? Usually, I have found that this occurs mostly with classic films, but Fantastic Mr. Fox is a welcome exception.

I have not read the book by Roald Dahl, but I am a fan of many of his other works (i.e. Matilda, James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). Following in the fashion of others that have depicted Dahl's novels, the style in which the movie is presented is unique and perfect for telling the story. I am a fan of stop-motion animation and it allowed for plenty of interesting visuals throughout the whole film.

I recommend that you buy this film. However, if you are not a fan of personal video libraries, stop by your local video rental store or add it to your queue on Netflix. Fantastic Mr. Fox will not disappoint.

Image via an internet search

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.