Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Artist spotlight | M. C. Escher

I think that we can learn a lot from artists of the past. They give art a history (which is important) and they discovered proportions and tricks that make it much easier to create drawings that are almost real. One artist that really brought something to printmaking was M. C. Escher. His use of math to create his art works was impeccable. I have been inspired by Escher during several of my own projects, and I hope he inspires you as well. I have some of his images after the jump for your viewing pleasure. If you want to learn more about him and his work, visit his official website.





1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow huncher. Just wanted to let you know that some people at the Leiden University in the Netherlands did a fascinating project about the Droste effect. If you want to know more:
    http://escherdroste.math.leidenuniv.nl/
    Check out the animation.
    Btw happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.