Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I salute you

There is nothing quite as selfless as serving your country. Although most people view the military as some big, bad conspiracy, the truth of the matter is that men and women are risking limb and life for our freedom right now. Men and women have died for our country. The overarching message is that our veterans sacrifice themselves for a duty that not everyone appreciates. However, right now, I salute you. When I see a person in uniform, I always feel a sense of gratitude. When I see those fifty stars next to red and white stripes, I feel grateful. So today and every day, I salute our veterans, our warriors.

One of the best ways to make a difference in the military community is volunteering with the USO. If you would like more information about how the USO supports American veterans, check out their directory.

Image via flickr/jcolman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.