Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DIY | Ornamentation

Believe it or not, this DIY project is courtesy of yours truly. I wanted to give my coworkers something custom and simple as a Christmas gift this year. I immediately thought about making my own ornaments. I'm not talking about using popsicle sticks or something like that. Instead, using solid ornament bulbs, I decorated them with my own style and preferences. You can do one dozen for less than $20. I bought glitter pens, glitter, stickers and bulbs from A C Moore to decorate. I already had Sobo glue, so you may decide to pick up a small bottle depending on how much of a mess you are willing to deal with. Hit the jump for more images and some decorating ideas.


Depending on your comfort with hand drawn imagery, you may decide to stick with stickers. I found some very nice snowflake stickers that I was able to use. If you want to try a little bit of hand drawn elements, consider using a glitter pen and adding small dots all around the ornament. This is easy and fast. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can use glue and create swirls, snowflakes or whatever you like with a thin brush (or squeeze it straight from the tube, but try to keep it on the thinner side). Then, sprinkle glitter over the glue and you'll have a very nice design once you shake the excess glitter from the ornament. Give it a try. Feel free to ask me questions or send me your own images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.