Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Game review | Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

I previously recommended Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and I promised a review once I had a chance to play it. Instead of waiting for two more weeks until I completely finish it (and possibly add spoilers), I decided to review it now that I have played it for half a week. In case you don't know, the Professor Layton series consists of casual games depicting a mysterious plot that gamers unravel by solving brainteasers. While most of them are fairly intuitive, you will come across several that will really have you thinking.

So, my thoughts? Well, I'm pleased to say that the sequel to Professor Layton and the Curious Village is much better than I even imagined it would be. They really pulled out the stops on this one. Not only do you have regular brainteasers, but they have also littered the game with minigames. There are also several updates to the interface that make this a really great game. In the previous installment, you were only able to use your memo function on specific puzzles, but now you can open a memo section whenever you like. However, to fully enjoy and understand these games, I would suggest an audience of 13 or older because they are content heavy.

Enough with this. I know you just want the skinny. Would I buy it again? Y-E-S! And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.