Saturday, August 29, 2009

Zen A Go-Go

For the ever popular Restaurant Week in DC, I went out to eat at Zengo with my sisters. The Asian/Latin mix of flavors marry well together to produce a delicious meal. It's located directly outside of the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station for easy travel. As long as you have a reservation, you will not have to wait long (just make sure that you have your entire party or you won't be seated)! The food was excellent and I'm ready to dish on what I had.

For Restaurant Week, restaurants prepare special menus consisting of an appetizer, main entree and dessert for a set price (usually $30–35). I settled on a Unagi-Shrimp (unagi is eel, in case you were wondering) sushi for the appetizer. It was very fulfilling and savory. For the main course, I had Asian style pork that was very flavorful and masterfully presented. Finally, I had their bread pudding which was okay, but not as good as I thought it would be.

So, if you are ever in DC, I'd recommend stopping by Zengo for a really good and fun meal. It's best to go with a group to embrace the idea of "give and take" that is the restaurant's mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.